In the game of Hammurabi, you direct the administrator of Sumeria, Hammurabi, how to manage the city. You may buy and sell land for bushels of grain, use grain to feed your people and as seed to plant the next year’s crop. You’ll find that that managing just the few resources in this game is not a trivial job over a period, of say, ten years.
The crisis of population density rears it head very rapidly. The game offers classic (10 year) mode, play until you run out of resource mode, and unlimited mode (play until you decide to quit or until you’re impeached!). Try to survive your 10 year term and not starve your people!
- True to the original strategy game from the old days
- Three modes of play: classic, resource mode, and sandbox
- Simple one-click play using sliders and buttons (or enter numbers directly for better precision)
- Metro redesign for Windows Phone 7
Version 1.1 Released 1/1/2011
- New trial version with AdMob support
- Cleaner and more consistent layouts
- Corrected some math when feeding too many people and overplaning
- Fixed some issues with rats and plagues
- Removed navigation loop at game over screen
- New panorama view and additional graphics
- Better feedback mechanisms with links to website
- Updated help and strategy content and added new tips page
- Initial release